Recipe by Baby Kato
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - India. This recipe was found on Indian Food Forever. This is a delicious, tempting shake made with almonds and saffron leaves. Please note that the prep time is for the soaking of almonds, while the cooking time is for chilling.
Top Review by Elmotoo
This is delicious! But I keep pondering shortcuts. I wonder if warming the milk when adding almonds to sit (in fridge) 6-7 hours would work? I wonder if almond milk would work? There was fine grit that wasn't THAT unpleasant but would be better without. Maybe just make the whole thing the day before? The saffron gave it a beautiful color. And cardamom is a fave of mine. This made a nice breakfast drink. Made for Aussie Swap 5/14. Thank you, BK for sharing this recipe!
- 2 glass milk (doodh)
- 10 almonds, raw (badam)
- 2-3 leaf saffron (kesar)
- 2 green cardamoms (choti elaichi)
- 19.71 ml sugar
- 4 ice cubes, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the almonds for 6-7 hours in the milk.
- Now warm the milk and almond mixture and add the saffron leaves to the warmed milk.
- Next blend the almonds, saffron leaves, sugar and milk in a mixer.
- Ground the cardamon to a fine powder and mix it into the milk mixture.
- Place in fridge and chill for 2 - 3 hours.
- Pour the flavored milk into chilled glass along with some crushed ice.
- This is best when served chilled.