Watched the Iron Chef show and found the recipe posted online so I thought I'd share here. The Rolling Stone-dubbed "rock-n-roll chef" shares his secret to making a simple hamburger far from boring.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces ground beef
- 1 cup dark beer
- 1/2 cup diced bacon
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushroom, finely diced
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 ounces vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 16 sliced brioche bread, cut in 2-inch x 2-inch square 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 soft butter
- 8 slices roma tomatoes, 1/4-inch thick
- 8 sliced cheddar cheese, 2-inch x 2-inch squares
- 8 sliced bread and butter pickles
- 1Preheat oven to 375°. In a heavy bottomed sauté pan on over medium heat render bacon until crispy. Add onions, celery and mushrooms and sauté until golden brown.
- 2Deglaze with dark beer and reduce until dry. Put ingredients aside to cool. In the meantime ,place brioche slices on a baking sheet and using a pastry brush, brush lightly with soft butter.
- 3When cooked ingredients have cooled, mix thoroughly with ground beef. With the ground beef mixture, form 8 square patties approximately two ounces each.
- 4Heat a large sauté pan to medium high. When pan is hot, add vegetable oil and place patties in one at a time being sure not to overcrowd. Cook each patty until well browned on each side (about two minutes) then flip each one and repeat the cooking process on the other side.
- 5When patties are cooked, place on a baking sheet and top each one with a slice of tomato and one slice of cheese. Place the tray of brioche and the tray of burgers in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted and the bread is lightly golden brown.
- 6Assemble Iron Chef burgers by placing one patty on top of one slice of brioche and then topping with a pickle and another brioche slice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kerry Simon: Iron Chef Slider
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.9
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 196.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: