Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This very good, easy recipe was given to me by my darling daughter. UPDATE: I have been making this almost weekly lately as it is just so easy but I have cut the sugar to 2/3 cup and added an extra egg. It is still good as written I just prefer it with the changes. Recently I made it with plain flour by mistake and it turned out fine.
- 2 granny smith apples, large cored and chopped, not peeled
- 1⁄2 cup pecan nuts, chopped
- 1 cup sugar, raw
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour, unsifted
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mixed spice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix with wooden spoon.
- Place into a greased baking tin and bake 175degC for 55 mins or until golden brown on top.
- Great served warm with custard or ice cream.