Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipes is delicious and so easy! My girlfriend Kerrie gave me this recipe, our family loves it!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans (with liquid)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 large green pepper, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- cheddar cheese
- 8 large tortillas
- Sautee onion, pepper and garlic until soft. Add the can of tomatoes, mix in spices then add beans. Simmer on low, until sauce thickens a little. This usually takes 30 minutes to an hour (depending how thick you like your sauce). Put mixture into a strainer and separate the bean mixture from the sauce ( remember to put a bowl under the strainer to catch the sauce).
- In a 9x13 pan, put a little sauce in the bottom of the pan to prevent the tortillas from sticking. Spoon bean mixture into tortillas, sprinkle with a little cheese, roll the tortilla and place in the pan. You should have enough space for 8 large tortillas in this size pan. Once the pan is full, pour sauce over the top and sprinkle with cheese. Cover with aluminum foli and bake for 20 minutes at 350 Degrees.
I had everything on hand to make these. They were easy to make and very filling. I was happy that my son did not ask, if I had forgotten the meat. Now to see if my husband will not notice. This was made for Preemie Care Center during Fall 2011 PAC