Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
ZWT6 - Scandinavia
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 473.19 ml sour cream
- 0.13-0.19 ml almond flavoring
- 2.46 ml ground cardamom
- 650.62 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- Cream the eggs, sugar, sour cream, almond, and ground cardamom.
- Sift together the flour, salt, soda, cinnamon and mix with egg mixture.
- Butter a tube or Bundt pan and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before removing from pan.
- Sprinkle turned out cake with powdered sugar.
I love love love this recipe! I grew up with Finnish cooking and baking and this cake is perfect exactly as written! I have made this twice now, the first time was for an international potluck, everyone loved it, second time was for a scandinavian choir, and again, everyone loved it! I wouldnt change a thing! thank you ElaineAnn for sharing!
Made as directed and I got a fantastically gorgeous cake that is moist through and through. Thanks, ElaineAnn! Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #46, November 2010.
What a wonderful cake. I made mine in mini cake pans, they turned out perfectly. What a great texture, crisp and tender and the flavor was incredible. I made the cakes exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. Recommended by a friend and I am so glad that I listened. Into my keeper box this goes ElaineAnn. Thank you so much for sharing a new family favorite.