ZWT6 - Scandinavia
Make and share this Kermakakku (Finnish Sour Cream Cake) recipe from Food.com.
- Cream the eggs, sugar, sour cream, almond, and ground cardamom.
- Sift together the flour, salt, soda, cinnamon and mix with egg mixture.
- Butter a tube or Bundt pan and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before removing from pan.
- Sprinkle turned out cake with powdered sugar.
Gosh, I must have done something really wrong because this cake came out quite damp and dense. It did raise well, though. I made it thinking it would go well with fresh strawberries. Sorry, ElaineAnn, but we didn't like it at all.
I love love love this recipe! I grew up with Finnish cooking and baking and this cake is perfect exactly as written! I have made this twice now, the first time was for an international potluck, everyone loved it, second time was for a scandinavian choir, and again, everyone loved it! I wouldnt change a thing! thank you ElaineAnn for sharing!
Made as directed and I got a fantastically gorgeous cake that is moist through and through. Thanks, ElaineAnn! Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #46, November 2010.