Recipe by ElaineAnn
ZWT6 - Scandinavia
Top Review by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I made this yummy cake to bring to bingo for my friends to try. They loved it and complimented me on it. The cake was moist and I really loved the cardamom and cinnamon mixture! This cake is so delicious, you have got to try it! I must confess that I did add pecans in with the cake mix. I frosted the cake with a cream cheese frosting and then decorated with pecans also. This is one recipe I will be making again and again in the future... Thanks for sharing it with us ElaineAnn!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 -3 drops almond flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the eggs, sugar, sour cream, almond, and ground cardamom.
- Sift together the flour, salt, soda, cinnamon and mix with egg mixture.
- Butter a tube or Bundt pan and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before removing from pan.
- Sprinkle turned out cake with powdered sugar.