Recipe by ElaineAnn
ZWT6 - Scandinavia
Top Review by liisamelissa
I love love love this recipe! I grew up with Finnish cooking and baking and this cake is perfect exactly as written! I have made this twice now, the first time was for an international potluck, everyone loved it, second time was for a scandinavian choir, and again, everyone loved it! I wouldnt change a thing! thank you ElaineAnn for sharing!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 -3 drops almond flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the eggs, sugar, sour cream, almond, and ground cardamom.
- Sift together the flour, salt, soda, cinnamon and mix with egg mixture.
- Butter a tube or Bundt pan and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before removing from pan.
- Sprinkle turned out cake with powdered sugar.