Recipe by susan #9
Keri source: www.scdrecipe.com/recipes/print/150/ Posted on SCDRecipe.com, a collection of recipes intended to help people with inflammatory bowel disease, IBS, Crohn's, colitis, diverticulitis, SIBO, autism, and/or ADHD. All recipes adhere to the Specific Carbohydrate Diet as described in Elaine Gottschall's book Breaking the Vicious Cycle.
- 3⁄4 lb chicken, cut in pieces
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 lb green beans, topped, tailed and cut in half
- 2 small zucchini, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄3 lb mushroom, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove skin from chicken and place in large dutch oven. (Note: A dutch oven is another word for a heavy covered pot that can be used on the range or in the oven. Any heavy, covered pot will do.).
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Add water just to cover.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered for about 30 minutes or until chicken is done.