Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 4 cups chopped mixed vegetables (potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, french beans, and green bell peppers)
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 whole green cardamoms
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 green chilies, slit in half
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, julienned
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 3 curry leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium level till it is hot. Add the green cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon. Fry for a few seconds. Now add the green chilli(es), ginger and the sliced onions. Saute on medium heat for 2 minute(s) or till the onions are transparent and soft.
- Add the mixed vegetables, curry leaves, salt and water. Cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the peppercorns and the coconut milk. Simmer on very low heat (so that the coconut milk does not curdle) for about 1 minute(s).
- Serve with rice, coconut rice, or appam.