From The Spice Route
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inch cube fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 12 curry leaves
- 2 kg boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 3/4 cups coconut milk
- 2 large mangoes, cubed
- 1Combine coriander seeds, black peppercorns and turmeric powder. Grind to a paste with a little water and set aside.
- 2Heat oil and saute the mustard seeds until they crackle. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and curry leaves, and saute until the onions become translucent. Add the chicken and saute until golden brown.
- 3Add the curry paste mix, and saute for another minute, stirring constantly to avoid sticking. Add the vinegar and 1/2 cup of water and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and mango cubes and salt to taste.
- 4Gently simmer for a further 5 minutes, taking car not to allow the coconut milk to boil.
- 5Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Keralan Chicken Curry With Mango
Serving Size: 1 (832 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1466.3
- Calories from Fat 618
- Total Fat 68.7 g
- Saturated Fat 33.5 g
- Cholesterol 320.0 mg
- Sodium 365.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 95.5 g
- Protein 108.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar