1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Member #610488's Note:
This recipe is from a restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia that specializes in International cuisine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil, divided
- 680.38 g lamb or 680.38 g beef chuck, cut into 1 inch pieces
- kosher salt, to taste
- 9.85 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 serrano chilies, seeded chopped
- 1 piece ginger, peeled thinly sliced (1x1 inch)
- 4.92 ml ground turmeric
- 709.77 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 226.79 g baby carrots, scrubbed peeled halved lengthwise
- 226.79 g baby red potatoes, halved (quartered if large)
- 113.39 g frozen pearl onions, halved thawed
- 473.18 ml unsweetened coconut milk
- fresh cilantro, rough chopped (garnish)
- 1Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Season meat with salt and pepper. Working in 2 batches and adding remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil between batches, add meat and sear, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer meat to a plate.
- 2Stir in garlic, chiles, and ginger and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add 1 teaspoons pepper and turmeric; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add broth and reserved meat; bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of pot. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pot, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until beef is tender, about 45 minutes.
- 3Add carrots, potatoes, and onions. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 15–20 minutes. Stir in coconut milk.
- 4Divide among bowls. Garnish with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kerala Style Stew
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 677.0
- Calories from Fat 473
- Total Fat 52.5 g
- Saturated Fat 30.0 g
- Cholesterol 90.0 mg
- Sodium 195.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: