1 hr 5 mins
I usually order "Spring Rolls, Fresh" in Thai restaurants. The ingredients are slightly different than this... usually containing crabmeat and fried shredded omelet, topped with a sweet sauce and mustard (yellow)... but this one sounded yummy to my mommy, so we're gonna try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 rice paper sheets (10-12 inches in diameter)
- 3 cups lukewarm water
- 10 large shrimp, steamed and shelled
- 1 boneless chicken breast, steamed and cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 cucumber, shredded
- 1 carrots or 1 daikon radish, shredded
- 10 -15 fresh cilantro stems
- 10 -15 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped peanuts
- 1On a flat surface, put down 1 sheet of rice paper and lightly brush with the lukewarm water, until pliable.
- 2Halve shrimp, lengthwise.
- 3Add both shrimp halves, a strip of chicken, cucumber, carrot/daikon, cilantro, and mint to the rice paper (lay these things out like you're wrapping a mini burrito).
- 4Fold the rice paper over the filling, then fold over the right and left sides of the rice paper, and finish rolling (like a burrito).
- 5Seal with a little more lukewarm water.
- 6Repeat for remaining rolls.
- 7Serve whole of cut into halves at an angle.
- 8Serve with Keo's Spring Roll Sauce (will post), or hoisin sauce, sprinkled with the chopped peanuts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Keo's Summer Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.8
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.0 mg
- Sodium 57.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice paper sheets