2 hrs 40 mins
Jane Gib's Note:
My cleaner is from Marakech and she makes this lovely couscous. I have sat, watched and copied everything so here it is. If I haven't explained properly, please let me know
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a deep saucepan fry in the olive oil 4 onions for about 5-8 minute add pepper and cinnamon stick (snap the stick before placing in pan).
- 2Bring to the boil and then reduce heat.
- 3Add 2 tsp Zaffron, and 2 tsp ginger and sugar and mix well.
- 4Add the sultanas, mix and gently simmer for about 30 min (on low heat).
- 6Chop the tomatoes and the other 4 onions, clean and quarter the chicken and add to the tomatoes and onions.
- 7Add the other 2 tsp saffron and 2 tsp ginger, 2 ½ pints water and salt. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and gently simmer until chicken is cooked.
- 8In a separate bowl, add the cuscous and salted water. Add the water little by little and mix with fingers, until cuscous is damp and not sticking together.
- 9Place cuscous in a steamer (top) and steam until cooked. If needed, add a little more water to couscous while steaming.
- 10Place the cooked cuscous on a dish, add the onion and cinnamon sauce, then the chicken and sauce on top.
Browse Our Top Moroccan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kenza's Chicken Couscous from Marakech
Serving Size: 1 (892 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1763.1
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 207.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 276.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.8 g
- Sugars 53.9 g
- Protein 80.1 g