- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped or 1 (12 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep medium-sized frying pan, saute onions and ground beef in oil until meat is browned. Skim fat.
- Add curry powder, garlic, ginger and tomatoes. Fry briefly, then add tomato paste, cinnamon and cilantro.
- Stir and add water and salt to taste.
- Simmer 20 minutes over medium heat to blend flavors. Serve over rice, spaghetti or with chapatis.