Recipe by CJAY
In Kenya this eponymous stew is a popular way to cook Kunde, Swahili for black-eyed peas. Served over rice, it often makesa full meal. I found this on the internet. Posted for ZWT7-Africa.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cups tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 cups black-eyed peas, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium flame. Add the onion and saute until translucent. Add the tomatoes and simmer about 5 minutes to cook them down.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and lightly mash the peas with the back of a spoon. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more water as needed to get a stew-like consistency.
- Adjust seasonings and serve over rice.