Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
It was a warm afternoon as we stumbled into Kenwood Vineyards and at once we were greeted by a nice man handing out samples of this delicious cold lemon soufflé. You just had to smile! It was so refreshing, tart and sweet. The perfect pick-me-up!! *2 hours chilling time
- Soften gelatin in cold water.
- Add lemon juice and heat only until gel dissolves.
- Remove from heat and add zest.
- Whip egg yolks and ¼ Cup sugar until pale and thick.
- Whip in gelatin mixture.
- Whip egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually add the remaining ¼ Cup of sugar and continue whipping until glossy and thick.
- Add some of the yolk mixture to the whites, then add all of the whites to the yolks.
- Whip cream until stiff and fold into lemon egg mixture.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Serve with a raspberry puree.