Recipe by DailyInspiration
I've seen many versions of this recipe, but this one really caught my eye. You can change up the veggies any way you wish. Note: Don't let the corn keep you from making this breakfast dish -- it really adds a wonderful flavor and texture.
Top Review by Annacia
As I only had a small apple for breakfast this morning I decided to spoil myself and also do the Onion Challenge for Culinary Quest 2014 at the same time. Lovely and very tasty dish that was filling without overloading. I had a slice of whole grain toast, orange juice and,yes, I had a slice of onion with this!
- 8 slice bacon
- 473.18 ml mushrooms, sliced
- 236.59 ml whole kernel corn (thawed)
- 118.29 ml green bell pepper, diced (or your choice of color)
- 59.14 ml pimiento, diced
- salt and pepper
- 6 eggs
- 59.14 ml water
- 29.58 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crisp and brown. Drain bacon on paper towels. Pour off pan drippings except 2 tablespoons Saute mushrooms, corn and green pepper to drippings. Add pimentos and season to taste. Saute until green pepper is soft.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs with water. Melt butter in skillet with vegetables. Pour in eggs and scramble to desired doneness. Serve with bacon or you can crumble the bacon into scrambled egg mixture - your choice.