Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This reminds me of a Giant chocolate chip cookie pie with nuts!! Very good! See variations at the bottom of directions for diffrent flavors
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 inches graham cracker crust
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix sugar and flour in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add the nuts, eggs, butter and chocolate chips and vanilla to the sugar/flour mixture and mix together.
- Pour into the pie crust.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool Completely.
- Use mint chips instead of chocolate chips.
- use 2 tsp of rum or bourbon instead of vanilla.
I was randomly searching pie recipes and came across this one. I had all of the ingredients on hand. It was simple and fast. That's my style! It's also delicious! I'd suggest if making your own self-rising flour to measure carefully. Two of my 3 pies ballooned a bit too much! More to savour!
Everybody at the picnic loved this pie. I didn't have enough chocolate chips so I threw in some peanut butter chips also. My tip would be to not overbake this.
Wow! What a pie! My husband and sons devoured this pie. My husband who is not a pie eater has already asked me if I'm making this again soon. I used my own pie crust recipe because it was faster for me to make a pie crust and roll it out than to do the graham cracker crust thing. I make a lot of pies, so I have to tell you that with my flakey pie crust and the rich chcolate and walnuts, it was fabulous! Oh, I also used 1/2 regular Crisco and 1/2 butter. When I make chocolate chip cookies, I also use Crisco. People always ask me for MY chocolate chip cookie recipe because it is so good. It's the same as anyone elses except that I use 1/2 Crisco and 1/2 butter. Back to this fabulous recipe... I can't wait to try the rum or bourban next time.