Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Pecans, chocolate and bourbon, what could be better?
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs on high speed in small bowl of electric mixer until light and lemon colored.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Reduce speed to low, add flour and butter and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in chips, nuts, bourbon and vanilla.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake until golden brown, about 40 mins.
- Serve warm.
This pie is fabulous! I was actually doing a search before I posted my "Bourbon Pecan Pie" recipe and came accross this one....the exact same pie, so no need for my post! I make at least 6 of these every year between Thanksgiving and Christmas.....at this point I'm not sure my family would allow me to come to Christmas dinner without one! I use dark chocolate chips and just a little extra bourbon (1 1/2 Tbs per pie). Great with vanilla ice cream or real whipped cream!