Recipe by mollypaul
A lovely little brown sugar custard pie that would be wonderful with chantilly cream or a good vanilla ice cream. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 pie crust (either store bought or your own recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line pie pan with pastry and flute edge attractively.
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs together; add remaining ingredients.
- Fill pie shell and bake for ten minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F and bake 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.