Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Its Derby Time! This Pie May be better than the Derby!
Make and share this Kentucky Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Beat 3 eggs.
- Add 1 cup sugar and beat.
- Add 1 cup Karo syrup and beat.
- add butter or margarine, vanilla, salt, and beat.
- add 1 Cup Pecans& chocolate chips.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 375 for 40 to 50 minutes, until browned and slightly puffed around edges.
i ran across this pie at some food/taste show back in mid 90's and knew that my dreams had come true. this pie rates really high on my list. my occupation is a Chef and i would say everyone needs to check out this recipe!! glad to see it posted on the internet.
What a simple, luscious, sweet, pie! I'd have to say it is a chocolate chip pecan pie because you have pecans on top, chocolate chips in the middle, and that lovely pecan pie filling on the bottom. My 5 yr old had two pieces of pie last night and said, "My favorite part is the chocolate and the bottom but I like the nuts too." I didn't take the time to use a homemade pie crust but imagine the pie would be even better had I not used a store bought crust. You can bet I'll be making this pie again!!!!
Made this into a slice instead of a pie. Worked well, delicious. Definite keeper. Great taste.