I saw Paula Dean make this on the Food Network. It's delicious. It tastes like a rich and decadent brownie in a pie crust. (I made my Flaky Pie Crust and used pecan cookie pieces, which are more coarse chopped pecans) Served warm with a dollop of ice cream. Oooohs and awwwhs all around. Put it here for safe keeping.
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- 1 cup sifted self-rising flour
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish unbaked pie shells or 2 (9 inch) unbaked regular pie crusts
- ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine eggs, sugar, and melted chocolate in large bowl.
- Add flour and mix well, stirring in remaining ingredients except for pie shells.
- Bake 30 -40 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream. Freezes well!