- 2 1⁄2 cups self rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon, Ground
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 egg whites
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in order listed; beat at medium speed of mixer until smooth.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Beat room temperature egg whites until stiff; fold into batter.
- Pour mixture into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Invert pan, and cool cake completely; remove from pan.
- Sprinkle top of cake with powdered sugar.