Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From a Pillsbury Magazine from 1992, submitted by Paula McHargue.
Make and share this Kentucky Mint Julep Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (21 1/2 ounce) package Pillsbury Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 -3 tablespoons Bourbon, if desired
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons mint jelly (or 2 tablespoons jellied mint sauce with mint leaves)
- 1 -3 teaspoon milk
- 1 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon or 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pecan halves, if desired
- mint leaf, if desired
- Heat oven to 350, F.
- Grease bottom of 13x9 inch pan.
- In large bowl, combine brownie mix, water oil and egg.
- Beat 50 strokes by hand.
- Stir in 1/2 c mint chocolate chips and 1/2 c pecans.
- Spread batter in greased pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until center is set.
- Drizzle 2-3 T bourbon over hot brownies.
- Cool completely.
- In small bowl, beat all filling ingredients until smooth, adding enough milk for desired spreading consistency.
- Spread over cooled brownies.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt 1 c mint chocolate chips and 1/4 c margarine, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat;
- Stir in 1 t bourbon.
- Cool slightly.
- Carefully spoon glaze over filling.
- Spread to cover.
- Garnish with pecan halves and mint leaves.
- Store in refrigerator.