Prep 30 mins
Cook 32 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1 (23 ounce) can mincemeat
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups sliced cooking apples
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 3 ingredients; set aside.
- Fit 1 piecrust into a 9-inch pie pan--follow package directions.
- Spoon mincemeat mixture into pie crust; smooth filling evenly.
- Roll remaining pie crust to press out fold lines; cut with a 3-inch leaf-shaped cutter.
- Mark veins on leaves with a pastry wheel or sharp knife.
- Arrange leaves over mincemeat mixture; sprinkle pie with sugar.
- Bake in a 425° oven for 30-32 minutes or until golden.
- Cover pie crust edges with foil after 12 minutes to prevent over-browning.