Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Gourmet pizzeria Tony BoomBozz’s creation is a white-sauce pizza topped with roasted turkey, bubbling cheeses, crisp bacon and Roma tomatoes.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon heaping grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 24 ounces fresh pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped roasted turkey breast
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1 cup chopped roma tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- To prepare sauce, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour until combined. Cook about 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add sour cream. Bring mixture to a slow simmer. (Do not boil.) The mixture will begin to thicken. Remove from heat. Add cheese and stir until smooth.
- To make pizza, preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll pizza dough into a 14-inch round or square. Place on baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread Mornay sauce on dough and top with remaining ingredients in the order listed.
- Bake 7 to 11 minutes or until puffy and golden brown.