Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a clone, so I hope its close to the real thing. Great for left over turkey or any meat. Will make a great SUPER BOWL meal with a salad. Ok you can stop drooling and wipe your chin now.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 lb thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- In a large skillet, melt 1/2 c.
- Stir in enough flour to absorb all the butter.
- Slowly whisk in the milk, and 6 T.
- Stir in the egg to thicken the sauce, but do not allow to boil.
- Remove from heat, and season to taste.
- Heat remaining T.
- of butter in a small skillet.
- Saute mushrooms in butter.
- Set aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- For each Hot Brown, place two slices of toast on a heatproof plate or dish.
- Cover with about 1/4 c.
- of mushrooms and a couple tomato slices.
- Place a liberal amount of turkey on each Hot Brown and pour more sauce over.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Repeat with with remaining ingredients.
- Place entire dish under broiler til sauce is speckled brown and bubbly.
- Remove, criss-cross 2 slices of bacon top and serve.
Don't use mushrooms!!! the key is simplicity and the perfect blend of ingredients. I'm usually all for mushrooms but never in a hot brown!!