1/2 Photos of Kentucky Fried Pork Chops
24 hrs 30 mins
The Spice Guru's Note:
You could call this recipe "Kentucky Chicken-Fried Pork Chops"! Since reverse-engineering KFC's 'Colonel’s Secret Original Recipe Seasoning', I've discovered the best pork chop ever -- one made with my Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat). Upon a few trials I decided I like boneless 3/4-inch to 1-inch thick top loin pork chops best for this recipe. So tender, so tasty... I'm sure 'The Colonel' himself would say "Mmm, these are finger-lickin' good!".
My Private Note
pork ch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless 3/4-inch to 1-inch thick top loin pork chops
- 1 cup pre-sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons seasoning (Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat))
- vegetable oil
- 1NOTES: FOR LOWER SODIUM PORK CHOPS YOU MAY SOAK THEM IN BUTTERMILK OVERNIGHT INSTEAD OF BRINING. IF YOU WISH TO MAKE GRAVY, FOLLOW KFC Gravy (Copycat) OR THE RECIPE IN Kentucky Fried Steak With Cream Gravy. (STEP ONE): RINSE fresh or naturally-thawed 3/4-1-inch thick boneless top loin pork chops and blot.
- 2MIX the TENDERIZING BRINE ingredients together in a large resealable container until dissolved: 4 cups water, 1 tablespoon unseasoned meat tenderizer, and 1/2 teaspoon Accent seasoning; ADD pork chops to brine; TRANSFER container to refrigerator; MARINATE pork chops between 4-36 hours in refrigerator, turning chicken as needed (marinate 36 hours for the most tender, flavorful pork chops).
- 3INTO a large resealable container or Ziploc bag, add 1 level cup all-purpose flour and 3 level tablespoons Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat); SEAL the container; SHAKE mixture well until thoroughly combined.
- 4FILL a large bowl with very warm water; REMOVE pork chops from marinade with tongs; SOAK chops in very warm water a minute.
- 5PLACE 1-2 pork chops at a time into the breading mixture container; SEAL container firmly; SHAKE container gently in all motions to thoroughly coat chops until evenly and generously breaded.
- 6PLACE breaded pork chops on a wire rack; BREAD remaining pork chops; ALLOW chops to rest and absorb the breading for a few minutes before frying.
- 7PREHEAT the manufacturer's recommended amount frying fat in your deep-fryer to 315°F (OR) preheat enough fat to immerse cube steaks completely in deep heavy stovetop pot to 325°F (frying fat will drop to 315 -°F, which you will want to maintain, using a deep-fryer thermometer to gauge).
- 8ADD breaded pork chops to the elevated fry basket in deep-fryer without crowding (if a standard size home fryer is used, add no more than 2-3 pieces at a time); LOWER the basket slowly into the hot fat (or gently lower breaded pork chops using tongs into stovetop pot, turning once halfway through frying duration).
- 9DEEP-FRY pork chops about 7-8 minutes until golden brown and fully cooked, depending on portion/size (meat will no longer be pink and pork juices will run clear when done); PLACE pork chops onto a paper towel-underlined rack to drain for a minute or two; REPEAT the same cooking procedures until all pork chops are fried; KEEP pork chops warmed in a 175°F oven until serving.
- 10FOR SOFTER BREADING: Place pork chops into a large resealable container then seal (the steam will soften the breading for added Original Recipe authenticity). Re-heat pork chops if necessary before serving in microwave oven, using same setting as if reheating 2 frozen pastries; SERVE with gravy if desired and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kentucky Fried Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
top loin pork chops