Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Just mix these commonly-found spices together! Great when used for skinless chicken fingers too.
Make and share this Kentucky Fried Chicken Seasoning Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon mustard, ground
- 1 tablespoon French thyme, ground
- 1 tablespoon sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano, ground
- 1 tablespoon jamaica ginger, ground
- Mix all together.
- Take pieces of chicken and dip in slightly beaten raw egg.
- Roll in spices.
- Fry chicken in oil.
- Bake in foil,metal or glass pan in a 350F degrees oven for 45 minutes.
Excellent recipe!!! After the chicken was done I used the leftover mix to make gravy.Chicken and gravy tasted awesome.My hubby was impressed.lol
I had high hopes for this recipe. I am the owner over over 100 cookbooks and subscribe to 3 cooking magazines. When instructions call for "bake in foil", I wrap the item in foil. The chicken came out a steamy, soggy mess. I should've known better. Before anyone else makes the same mistake, bake in a foil, metal or glass pan, uncovered for 45 minutes.
Brilliant,My sons devoured them very very quickly!HAve made a batch of the mix and kept it in the fridge as I,ll be making these often.