Recipe by robingracejohnson
Like the BBQ chicken strips you can get at KFC!
Top Review by ForeverMama
This is a very nice recipe. All my kids really enjoyed it as did I and my husband. Though, I've never ordered the honey BBQ chicken from KFC, not sure if it's like the original. This is a definite winner.
- 2 lbs chicken strips
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Place buttermilk in a seperate bowl.
- Heat oil for frying.
- Dip chicken into flour, then buttermilk, then flour again.
- Fry until golden brown.
- For sauce:.
- Place all sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Mix thouroughly and simmer on low heat, stirring frequently for about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Dip chicken strips into sauce one at a time and place on a baking dish that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Place in preheated oven at 350 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes.