Recipe by abloom69
I haven't tried this yet but it seemed worth a go.
Top Review by Bruce Benjamin
425 degrees is way too hot for deep frying anything, especially chicken. Most oils and fats really start to break down above about 375. Chicken needs time to cook inside and not be too burned outside so save your oil and your chicken by taking off at least 50 degrees and preferably 75 or 100 degrees off of the temperature of the oil. Bruce
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 2 (1 ounce) packages Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup club soda or 1⁄3 cup moussey beer
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pancake mix with one package of dressing mix in a large bowl.
- Combine remaining package dressing mix with eggs and club soda or beer.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg and soda mixture, then in pancake mixture.
- Let dry on rack or paper towelling (pieces should not touch) about 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 425 degrees.
- Fry coated chicken pieces in hot oil for 6 minutes.
- Remove and place on baking sheet (not touching).
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until done.