Recipe by Brookelynne26
Recipe courtesy Lynn's Paradise Cafe, Louisville Kentucky. This recipe won over Bobby Flay's on Throwdown.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces diced boneless country ham
- 1⁄2 cup diced roasted red pepper
- 12 large eggs, whisked until well blended
- 4 ounces grated jarlsberg cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a nonstick 12-inch saute pan over medium heat. Add butter and oil and swirl around the pan until melted. Add the country ham and saute until it begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Turn heat to low. Stir in roasted red peppers and beaten eggs. After the eggs begin to set, stir slowly from edge to edge with a heat-resistant rubber spatula until large curds form. This will take 5 minutes or so. When eggs are still moist and slightly runny, fold in the grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.