Recipe by Chef String Bean
These cookies are a delectable combination of sweet chocolate, crunchy pecans, and warm and soft cookies. Cookies are based on the Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe from Betty Crocker’s Cookbook. Filling is from Colonel Mel’s Practically Perfect Pottery Pie Plate Recipe Book.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon kentucky Bourbon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Cookies: Mix margarine, sugars, and egg. Stir in flour and baking soda. Mix until crumbly.
- For the Filling: Beat eggs with cooled butter. Add flour and sugar. Beat until mixed well. Stir in pecans, chocolate, and bourbon.
- Making the Cookies: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with a non-stick cooking spray. Place a thin layer of the cookie dough in the bottom of each individual muffin cup. Press the dough so it becomes a “Pie Crust”. Add in the filling so that it comes up to fill about half of each individual muffin cup. Press the filling down lightly with a spoon so it settles in the pan. Place another thin layer of cookie dough on top of the filling so it becomes a lid. Bake approximately 12 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes. Loosen edges of cookies by working a knife around the inside of each individual muffin cup. Invert muffin pan onto cookie sheet to remove cookies. While still warm, press cookies down to flatten into a traditional cookie shape. Serve and enjoy.