Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Delicious twist to regular pecan pie
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Fit piecrust into a 9" deep-dish pie plate.
- Combine corn syrup, sugar, brown sugar and water in large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, butter, cornmeal, vanilla and salt.
- Gradually add in 1/4 of the corn syrup mixture.
- Whisk in remaining corn syrup mixture.
- Place pecans and chocolate chips on pie crust.
- Pour filling over pecans and chocolate chips.
- Cover rim of pie plate with foil to keep the edge of the crust from over-cooking.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Let cool before slicing.