Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This pie is super rich and so worth it! Use a good quality bourbon for an amazing batter.
- 10 inch pie crusts
- 118.29 ml butter, melted (1 stick)
- 59.14 ml white sugar
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, packed
- 177.44 ml light corn syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml Bourbon
- 177.44 ml good quality chocolate chips
- 295.73 ml toasted pecans, shelled & chopped in half if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep pie crust according to directions, either refrigerated, or from scratch using a deep dish pie pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, on medium speed with whisk attachment, whip butter, sugars, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla and bourbon together until frothy.
- Remove bowl from mixer and fold in chocolate chips & pecans. Blend well by hand.
- Pour into prepared pie crust and bake 50-60 minutes or unti loset.
Made this for Thanksgiving because I did not have access to my original Derby Pie recipe. This was a winner and will now become my traditional Thanksgiving Pie! Delicious. We always make 2 because half like it cold and half like it warm. YUM