Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from a recipe found on the internet and made in my vintage sunbeam fryer/cooker. This is awesome! For the chicken pieces, make sure that they are not too big: whole drumstick, whole thigh, but the breast part should be chopped into two. Its also helpful to use the fryer cover-it helps the meat cook through properly.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 8 chicken pieces
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- peanut oil
- Pre heat oil in deep fryer to 350°F.
- Mix all the ingredients except the oil, breadcrumbs, eggs, and chicken in a large bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the egg and then turn them over in the breadcrumbs.
- Roll them in the spicy flour mixture.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees F in a deep fryer and drop the chicken pieces in, one at a time with tongs careful not to splash hot oil.
- Fry the chicken for 12 to 15 minutes, until it is golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain on racks for 5 minutes.
I made this over this past weekend and it really turned out well. I would have liked it a little saltier and the cooking time was a little off, but these things are easily corrected. Thank you for a very tasty recipe.