Recipe by Rachel-Snachel
My Dad told me how my great-grandmother would make chocolate gravy and biscuits and my curiosity was piqued. This is the recipe we worked together to create. It is very simple and takes only a few minutes.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt (if using unsalted butter)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add cocoa powder and stir together.
- Add the sugar and 2 cups of milk to the pan---add the milk slowly, stirring constantly.
- Mix the cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup of milk until smooth.
- Stir into pan.
- Allow the contents to boil, but stir constantly until the mixture thickens into a gravy-like consistency; it shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add more milk, if necessary.
- Serve over hot biscuits and butter.