Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
My Dad told me how my great-grandmother would make chocolate gravy and biscuits and my curiosity was piqued. This is the recipe we worked together to create. It is very simple and takes only a few minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add cocoa powder and stir together.
- Add the sugar and 2 cups of milk to the pan---add the milk slowly, stirring constantly.
- Mix the cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup of milk until smooth.
- Stir into pan.
- Allow the contents to boil, but stir constantly until the mixture thickens into a gravy-like consistency; it shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add more milk, if necessary.
- Serve over hot biscuits and butter.
This was horrible a waste of time and will never ever make again
I thought I was the only one who ever ate this. My family is from KY and when I was a child my mom would make a chocolate syrup like this and I would pour it over my biscuits and gravy. I haven't had it in years. Thanks for posting this recipe and thanks for the nice memory.
My motherinlaw also made chocolate gravy for her children and grandkids.The only thing different was that she used flour instead of cornstarch.Iam afraid I never tried it myself ,but the kids liked it.