Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Chicken wings with maple syrup, whiskey, and melted butter. Definately recommended . Garnished with orange wedges and pineapple slices. Great weekend sport snack, or for dinner
- 3 lbs chicken wings (thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- thinly sliced orange wedge, for garnish
- pineapple slice, for garnish
- In a foil-lined baking pan, arrange the wings in a single layer.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, drain well.
- Combine the maple syrup, whiskey, melted butter, and five spice powder in a slow cooker.
- Add`wings, stir to coat the wings with sauce.
- Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours, or on high for 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
- Serve immediately or you can keep them warm in the slow cooker on low for up to 2 hours.
- Garnish with orange wedges, and pineapple slices.
This is the first time I have cooked chicken wings in the crock pot and must admit to missing the crispiness you get from the oven but these had a lovely flavour from the maple syrup (I used a sugar free one due to dietary reasons) and the whisky and chinese five spice (may up that though) and I cooked for 2 1/2 hour on high and the result was sweet fall of the bone chicken wings that were thoroughly enjoyed with the fresh orange and pineapple on the side and Vegetable Couscous which rounded of the meal. Thank you weekend cooker, made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.