Recipe by weekend cooker
Chicken wings with maple syrup, whiskey, and melted butter. Definately recommended . Garnished with orange wedges and pineapple slices. Great weekend sport snack, or for dinner
Top Review by I'mPat
This is the first time I have cooked chicken wings in the crock pot and must admit to missing the crispiness you get from the oven but these had a lovely flavour from the maple syrup (I used a sugar free one due to dietary reasons) and the whisky and chinese five spice (may up that though) and I cooked for 2 1/2 hour on high and the result was sweet fall of the bone chicken wings that were thoroughly enjoyed with the fresh orange and pineapple on the side and recipe #190363 which rounded of the meal. Thank you weekend cooker, made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
- 3 lbs chicken wings (thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- thinly sliced orange wedge, for garnish
- pineapple slice, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a foil-lined baking pan, arrange the wings in a single layer.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, drain well.
- Combine the maple syrup, whiskey, melted butter, and five spice powder in a slow cooker.
- Add`wings, stir to coat the wings with sauce.
- Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours, or on high for 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
- Serve immediately or you can keep them warm in the slow cooker on low for up to 2 hours.
- Garnish with orange wedges, and pineapple slices.