Recipe by HisPixie
This recipe comes from The Dinner Doctor. Paula Dean has a similar recipe. My teenagers love this recipe.
Top Review by Gadawgsmom
The recipe from Paula Deen says to cook the rice first. When I followed these directions, the rice never got cooked. I used the 10 minute Uncle Bens rice and cooked at 400 over 30 minutes.
- 4 cups chicken, cooked & shredded
- 6 ounces long grain and wild rice blend (Uncle Ben's)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces cream of celery soup (1 can)
- 2⁄3 cup Miracle Whip (no substitutes)
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, diced
- 9 ounces green beans, french cut (drained & thawed if frozen)
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the chicken, rice mix with its seasonings, celery soup, Miracle Whip, water chestnuts, green beans and chicken broth in large bowl.
- Transfer mixture to 13x9 glass or ceramic baking dish and top with Parmesan cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake until bubbling and rice has cooked, about 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes then serve.
- (I omit the pimientos that the recipe originally called for.).