1/2 Photos of Kentucky Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
This recipe comes from The Dinner Doctor. Paula Dean has a similar recipe. My teenagers love this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups chicken, cooked & shredded
- 6 ounces long grain and wild rice blend (Uncle Ben's)
- 14 1/2 ounces cream of celery soup (1 can)
- 2/3 cup Miracle Whip (no substitutes)
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, diced
- 9 ounces green beans, french cut (drained & thawed if frozen)
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Combine the chicken, rice mix with its seasonings, celery soup, Miracle Whip, water chestnuts, green beans and chicken broth in large bowl.
- 3Transfer mixture to 13x9 glass or ceramic baking dish and top with Parmesan cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- 4Bake until bubbling and rice has cooked, about 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes then serve.
- 5(I omit the pimientos that the recipe originally called for.).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kentucky Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.1
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 581.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend