Recipe by Alice Robertson Clark
This is a very rich Chess Pie. Most recipes were Regionally altered. This is the one that I remember from childhood. I love this pie. This recipe makes two pies. Use the deep dish pie crust.
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 teaspoons cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 unbaked pie shells, deep dish
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs slightly.
- Add Sugar, cornmeal, vanilla, butter and vinegar.
- Let set for 10 minutes.
- Stir gently and pour into deep dish pie shells.
- Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes until pies are set.
- To keep pie crust from browning too quickly, Cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil for the first 30 minutes.