Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A traditional casserole.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- 6 ounces cooked turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated (use good stuff)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Melt butter in skillet. Stir in flour. Gradually add milk and bouillon; cook until thickened. Add cheese. Stir until cheese is melted; remove from heat.
- Put toast in flat baking dish. Put turkey and ham on toast. Spoon cheese sauce over meat.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Top with bacon and tomato slices; bake 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and paprika before serving.
Great hot brown recipe! This was so much easier to make than te individual servings version. I could assemble this, then bake when I wanted to serve it.
I have no idea why this is called a brown casserole, it isn't brown. :) I made it as directed, but without the tomato because we were all out. The taste was good. I thought that the toast was too hard after coming out of the oven. Maybe just barely toasting the bread might work better. Ours was lightly toasted.