Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I usually serve these at Christmas. Good for any special occasion.
Top Review by Akikobay
This was an excellent recipe that we made for Thanksgiving and will be making again and again. The key is that you put the sauce over raw sweet potatoes and bake them so the texture was tender but still had bite. We liked these because they weren't mushy like traditional "candied" yams can be and they weren't as heavy as the sweet potato casseroles often are. The bourbon flavor was really pronounced but not overbearing. I cooked these in a 9 x 13 pan for a full 45 minutes. About halfway through I took a spatula and turned the potatoes so that they would all get the delicious coating. The top form a really nice, little bit gooey, little bit crunchy crust that was so good. Thank you for sharing!
- 6 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange sweet potatoes in an oblong baking dish.
- Combine sugar, butter, bourbon, and vanilla in a large saucepan and heat to a boil.
- As soon as the sauce comes to a boil, pour it over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.