Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the food network website.
- 2 lbs filet mignon
- 1 cup kentucky Bourbon
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 French baguette
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the filet mignon in a bowl.
- Pour bourbon over steak and marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove the filet mignon from the bourbon and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a hot saute pan. Sear the filet mignon on all sides, about 1 minute per side.
- Place the meat in the oven and roast for 15 minutes or until medium rare.
- Remove the meat from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Slice the filet in half lengthwise.
- Slice each half into 18 thin slices so you have a total of 36 slices.
- In another saute pan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the sliced white and red onions.
- Caramelize the onions until they are deep golden brown, about 25 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Slice the baguette into 36 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and the horseradish.
- Place a piece of filet mignon on each slice of bread. Top with some of the caramelized onions.
- Place a small amount of the horseradish sour cream on top of the onions.
- Garnish with parsley.
I made this for a friends dinner party and it got rave reviews.I minced the parsley for a "confetti" look on the top. Great flavor!