Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Ossg Recipes.
Make and share this Kentucky Bourbon Barbecue Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 6 -8 pieces chicken (breasts, thighs, legs or your favorites)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup kentucky bourbon whiskey
- 1⁄4 cup no-sugar-added tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown Sugar Twin
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute (2 packets)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon finely diced onion
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Melt butter in a skillet and brown chicken on all sides. Transfer chicken to baking dish. Add other ingredients to pan/skillet, stirring to loosen browned particles that cling to bottom. Warm completely; then pour over chicken in baking dish. Try to distribute sauce as evenly as possible.
- Cover and bake chicken at 325°F for 45 minutes. Uncover, baste and cook uncovered an additional 15 minutes.