Recipe by jlgiller
This is a recipe that has been in my Family for generations, I have tweeked the recipe a tiny bit over the years as we no longer measure things by handfulls. I hope you enjoy them as much as eveyone I know does.
- pecan halves (I soak them in bourbon for at least a week before I use them)
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar (must use real salted butter at room temp) or 1/2 cup butter (must use real salted butter at room temp)
- 1⁄2 cup of kentucky Bourbon (the better the bourbon the better the candy)
- wax paper
- chocolate, coating
- 1 (12 ounce) package dark chocolate chips
- paraffin wax (1/3 of a block)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter with mixer till nice and soft slowly add sugar and small amouts of bourbon you may need to cut back on the bourbon depending on humity. Mixture should be soft but easy to form in to balls use extra conf. sugar on your hands to form nice round balls and place in freezer till frozen, I usually leave them for at least 4 hours, you can freeze them for weeks if wrapped well. Melt wax in a double broiler once melted add in chocolate and mix well, sick a toothpick in balls while still frozen and use to dip into chocolate while still on toothpick dip a second time then place on wax paper. Use what is left of the chocolate and a toothpick to place a little chocolate on the pecan and place on top of the ball.