Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
These take a little bit of time, but it wouldn't be Christmas without these wonderful, potent treats.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon (please, use only the best quality)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 4 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer. Stir in bourbon. Knead until mixture is blended and does not stick to hands; knead in pecans. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours. Shape into 1-inch balls. Chill at least 8 hours.
- Place semisweet and bittersweet chocolate in top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate melts. Working quickly, dip each ball into melted chocolate. place on wax paper to cool. Store in refrigerator.