Recipe by johnvac52
I make these during Christmas time to give as gifts. Candy and Liquor, two of my favorite things.
Top Review by MsPam
I love these..I made them for christmas as gifts and again in January, I wish I could say that I shared most of the second batch, but I can't :)...Thank you for sharing this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar, plus
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chocolate-flavored candy coating, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak pecans in bourbon 3 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat margarine, vanilla and salt until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, then pecan mixture and confectioners sugar until well blended.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Place on baking sheets.
- Chill until firm.
- With fork or wooden pick, dip each into warm candy coating; let excess coating drip off.
- Place on wax paper lined baking sheets; let stand until firm.
- Store covered at room temperature or in refrigerator.