Recipe by Manami
These have always been a hoilday favorite; any kind of holiday! I used to make these with Rum but have now switched to using Bourbon. I have had this recipe for eons and I don't know from whence it came. These can also be frozen &/or refrigerated.Have updated 12/12/2008: changed the amount of Bourbon balls to a count of 20 to 30.
Top Review by meebsmom
What a recipe! I used the Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa for the first time and it was WONDERFUL! I even got into them the first night and they were fantastic! Thanks for sharing this recipe! What a great HOLIDAY surprise for SANTA!
- 1 cup yellow cake crumbs or 1 cup vanilla wafer
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup good unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or 1⁄8 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cake crumbs or cookie crumbs into a plastic bag and smoosh them.
- Combine the cake crumbs or cookie crumbs, sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa, corn syrup & Bourbon.
- Blend and mix very well.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls.
- If mixture is not rolling together easily, add more corn syrup.
- Roll the balls in the cocoa powder or the powdered sugar to coat them.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.