Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
Recipe is from Pillsbury.
- 1 (15 ounce) bagchex mix traditional snack mix
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled (6 to 8 slices)
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- Heat oven to 300°F Line two 15x10x1-inch pans with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix snack mix, pecans and bacon. Set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat brown sugar, butter and corn syrup over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbly around edges. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; remove from heat. Cool 2 minutes. Carefully stir in bourbon and chipotle chili powder. Pour over snack mixture; toss until evenly coated.
- Spread snack mixture on pans. Bake 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, to caramelize mixture. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Break into pieces. Store covered in refrigerator.