1/1 Photo of Kentucky Boilermaker Meatballs
1 hr 5 mins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
Got this recipe from a Louisville morning show showcasing Churchill Downs Chef Gil Logan. I passed the recipe on to Alan (my best friend from college) and he and I made them one night. I couldn't have whiskey or beer in the dorm, so I got everything else. They are good, but very strong at first. We used Sweet Baby Ray's and Tabasco for the hot sauce, Jim Beam and Budweiser for the booze. These are commonly used as appetizers, but we served them with rice and a broccoli casserole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice and sauté the onion in oil until brown.
- 2Remove the skillet from the heat and deglaze with bourbon and set aside to cool.
- 3Combine all (except beer) ingredients in a bowl & mix by hand. Form into 1 inch balls.
- 4In a large pot, place the beer and bring to a boil. Add the meatballs. Boil until they are floating.
- 5Finish in oven at 425 degrees until brown.
- 6Serve with more BBQ sauce for dipping if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kentucky Boilermaker Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 116.1 mg
- Sodium 266.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 16.2 g