Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2-1 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- Cream together sugar, butter and egg; stir in milk.
- In a seperate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir dry mixture into creamed mixture.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured 9- inch square pan.
- Mix brown sugar, flour and butter with a fork (mixture will be crumbly).
- Put topping over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 25-35 minutes.
- A glaze of 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp almond extract and 2 tsp of milk may be poured over warm cake.
This is a very good Coffee Cake. I just added 1 tsp of almond extract to the cake, and in the topping I used 3/4 cup brown sugar, a little more flour, and a little oatmeal to make it crumbly. Will make it again for sure.
Wow this cake was great it looked great and tasted great! I did a lot of little changes however. I used self rising flour (all i had) but still put salt and baking powder in. I only used 1 cup of blueberries (per husbands request). Then in the topping I added about 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. Then finally in glaze I used 1/2 tsp almond extract and with a little extra milk! Baked in 8 in. square for about 40 min! Thanks for posting!
I used white whole wheat flour as I ran out of regular white flour!(How can it be, I don't know...) But I creamed the butter with sugar by the time I realized it so I took a chance. Then, I misread the directions and I baked it in the round 9 inch pan... Well, it still came out good - I had to bake it 40 minutes or so, however.